Positive Leadership Development
If you are like most leaders working in today’s fast-paced, high-pressure environment, you have little time for personal reflection or carefully considered decisions. But without that time, it’s harder to examine underlying assumptions, core beliefs, and knowledge, or to draw connections between apparently disparate pieces of information – which are essential elements of your job as a leader.
You’re not alone. We are suffering today from a global epidemic of “busyness”: double and triple-booked schedules, non-stop travel, international teams requiring 24/7 communications, and mounting pressures to keep up with ever-increasing competition.
Positive Leadership provides a way to balance this constant busyness, build resilience, and create a platform for positive action. Based on the science of positive psychology, this approach focuses on identifying the factors that drive greatness—and developing methods to help individuals and teams to perform at their best.
Our Positive Leadership Development programs can be customized for individuals, teams, or entire organizations and are based on three core principles:
- Strength-Based Approach
Unlike traditional weakness, gap and deficit-based approaches, Positive Leadership instead focuses on:
- Optimizing performance, not fixing problems
- Uncovering your “signature strengths” and amplifying their use in simple, easy to use steps
- Using “strengths-spotting” in your teams to help them increase their impact and find greater meaning in their work
- Discovering and appreciating the strengths and differences others bring to your workplace
One-on-one coaching and advising sessions provide valuable practice with mindfulness techniques and other positive behavioral practices. These tools can help:
- Combat the overwhelming feeling of “busyness”
- Reduce stress and fatigue
- Build resources like resilience and flexibility that are critical for personal and professional success
Positive business practices such as Appreciative Inquiry and Design Thinking are used to engage and leverage the strengths of the entire organization. By reframing management functions and strategy from the perspective of Positive Leadership, we can:
- Tap into the positive core of the business to engage and leverage the strengths of the entire organization
- Optimize the customer experience
- Develop business strategies and financial objectives that achieve extraordinary results
Contact Bobbie LaPorte & Associates today to find out how our Positive Leadership Development services can help you achieve beyond expectations.
Bobbie LaPorte is an authorized partner for Wiley DISC® and other proven assessment tools.